The $21 Billion Cost of Alcoho…The Alcoholism Problem and Alcohol Abuse in Florida Over 8.5% of the United States population either commit alcohol abuse or are… Learn more.
The Novus DifferenceRedefining Detox™
THE NOVUS MEDICAL DETOX DIFFERENCE
The Individual Program
At Novus Medical Detox Center, because we truly understand drug and alcohol addiction, we employ the latest technology with true compassion to help every patient get through their drug or alcohol withdrawal more painlessly than they ever imagined.
Our protocol delivers a much more comfortable withdrawal than most other methods as it is tailor made to the individual’s needs, drug history and physical condition, not like other one-protocol-fits-all programs.
We provide a high degree of attention and comfort with 24/7 medical supervision of each patient’s progress and care at our facility.
Unlike most facilities we offer comprehensive treatment to each patient. This means that we provide all necessary medicines, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and proper hydration based on each patient’s unique DNA and metabolic needs, which also enhances the body’s health, strength and well-being.
We nourish the body into a much healthier state, probably even better than before they started using drugs.
- Quite often individuals will start using drugs because of some problem with the body, such as pain or injury or some nutritional deficiency that disables the body’s ability to fight back and heal itself. By combining excellent nutrition and supplements, we are able to get the body into a much better condition which helps the individual and allows them to perform better in life.
We closely monitor each patient and adjust as necessary throughout the entire procedure to ensure optimal care and results. Our completion rate is higher than 90% thanks to our diligence and managed tapering-off rate which minimizes discomfort and pain.
THE NOVUS SOLUTION
We develop an individualized medical detox program designed specifically for each of our patients that will enable their drug detox and/or alcohol detox to be more comfortable and safe.
- Medical protocols that combine the best medications and holistic supplements.
- Specially formulated IV’s are prescribed to ensure you are hydrated and that replenish the nutrients, vitamins and amino acids that were depleted by the drug or alcohol, greatly reducing the pain of withdrawal. 24/7 medical supervision guarantees safety and comfort.
- Home-like setting on 3.25 treed acres to make the drug detox or alcohol detox more relaxed and comfortable.
- Delicious and nutritious food.
- Private or comfortable-shared room with a television, telephone and internet access.
- Education on how the drug or alcohol affects the body and how the drug detox/alcohol detox enables you to now take the next step in your recovery.
WHAT IS MEDICAL DRUG OR ALCOHOL DETOX?
- It is an established medical fact that simply discontinuing alcohol or drugs is dangerous and can lead to many complications including seizure or death. That is why it is strongly warned against on drug labels and by medical professionals. Unsupervised withdrawal is often extremely painful and often has negative results resulting in the individual resuming taking the drug or drinking alcohol.
You Need An Inpatient Medical Drug Detox or Alcohol Detox If:
- You have become dependent on a drug (have withdrawal symptoms if you try to stop taking the drug)
- You have become addicted to a drug or to alcohol (must have the drug or drink alcohol because of the way the drug or alcohol makes you feel)
- A drug is not handling the problem for which it was originally prescribed but you have painful withdrawal symptoms if you try to stop taking the drug
- An unneeded drug is causing unwanted and unsafe side effects.
Detox vs. Rehab
It is important to understand that drug or alcohol detox programs must be done before you can start any type of drug or alcohol rehab program.
Novus Medical Detox is a unique program consisting of:
- An in-patient program
- Usually between 7 and 14 days
- A personalized program just for you, based on your individual characteristics
- Allows you to safely, more comfortably, completely and successfully stop taking a drug or drinking alcohol
- 24/7 medical supervision
- May be all that is needed if you are only physically dependent
Rehab is short for rehabilitation. The purpose of drug rehab programs and alcohol rehab programs are to help the individual deal with their lives without drugs or alcohol.
Drug or alcohol rehab programs are either inpatient or outpatient.
The best inpatient and outpatient drug and alcohol rehab programs:
- Are between 30 days and 120 days in length but some require weekly attendance at meetings for the rest of the individual’s life
- Ask the individual to take personal responsibility for their drug or alcohol use
- Assist the individual to find how they were using drugs or alcohol to avoid responsibility
- Help the individual to work out a program to address the problems their drug and alcohol use created for others
- Help the individual work out a program to remedy the problems that they created for others while using drugs or alcohol
- Teach social skills
- Teach self-control
- Help the individual work out a program to achieve the goals and purposes that have been stopped because of their use of drugs or alcohol.
If needed, Novus will assist in referring you to the most optimum rehab environment for your needs and desires.
Recent Blog Articles
You Get What You Reward –…It is intuitive to most of us that when you reward someone for a certain behavior, it is likely that they will continue that behavior. Reward hard… Learn more.
Abuse-Deterrent OxyContin Not …The recently reformulated abuse-deterrent OxyContin isn't as resistant to abuse as officials might have hoped, says a new study of the… Learn more.
- What is Medical Detox?
- Why is Novus Best?
- Do I Need Detox?
- A Safter Option to Rapid Detox
- Understanding Protocols
- Addiction Myths
- Our Staff
- The Novus Difference
- See Our Facility Find Out If Your Insurance Will Pay
- Assessment: Do I Need Detox or Rehab?
- What is Detox?
- How Long Will It Take?
- What Will It Cost?
- Symptoms of Withdrawal
- Our Facility
- Contact Us