Methadone dependence is twice …Thinking of getting into a methadone replacement program for an opioid addiction? Has your doctor prescribed methadone for a routine pain problem? Or… Learn more.
Novus Can Provide a Safe and Comfortable Detox
We Specialize in Comfortable Detox From:
- Any opioid including methadone, heroin or OxyContin-type pain medication
- Benzodiazepines like Xanax and Ativan
- Street drugs that require medical detox
- Alcohol abuse and addiction
At Novus you or your loved one can expect:
- Privacy and Confidentiality, with Individual Private Rooms
- To be Treated by Experienced and Caring Staff 24 hours a Day
- Medically Supervised by Experts through every step of the detox
- A Personalized Detox to Keep one Comfortable based on individual Metabolism
- Available Personal One-on-One Support Counseling with Staff who know what it’s like from personal experience
- Nutritional protocol that rebuilds the body
- You leave Novus — usually within one to two weeks, safely withdrawn from the drug or alcohol and not taking a new drug
Private, Confidential & Comfortable
Why is Detox Different at Novus?
Novus has specialized in making the detox process as pain free as possible. We have experienced medical staff and counselors that know that everyone’s DNA and metabolism is different. At least part of the reason that you or your loved one first became dependent on alcohol or drugs is due to this fact. Therefore, each person that comes to Novus Medical Detox for help is put on an individual program, designed and administered just for them, based on the amount of drug usage, our knowledge of metabolism and their reactions to each step of the detox. We also combine this personalized detox approach with a vitamin and nutritional regimen that will help rebuild the body as you or your loved one safely withdraws.
If getting hooked on alcohol, or street drugs, or prescription drugs is ruining your life, your friend’s or your family, we can help.
At Novus Medical Detox our goal is to assist you in ending the substance abuse. Regardless of how a person ended up on drugs or alcohol; be it following a doctor’s orders or being overtaken by the pressures of life, Novus can help a person start taking control of his or her personal situation, in a calm, private, confidential and comfortable environment in sunny and warm central Florida.
A Comfortable Detox
How can you be sure that the withdrawal will be as comfortable as possible?
• From the moment a person arrives and checks in to their private room with all the amenities—phone, TV, DVDs, Internet connection—and enjoys the delicious cuisine, one will know that Novus is focused on their comfort. And one can always enjoy a walk on the 3.2 acres of peaceful grounds.
• The knowledgeable and experienced medical staff are available at any time, 24 hours a day to talk, to listen or just to keep one company if desired. All the staff have experience with drug and alcohol dependence and many are themselves in recovery.
• We know that everyone’s DNA and metabolism is different. Therefore the detoxification program is designed individually, based on one’s own metabolism and history…no one-size-fits-all, this is a tailor-made program where a person will be treated as the unique person that they are, with staff consulting one regularly as to detox progress and any physical needs and wants a person may have.
• The medical staff’s experience with the most comfortable and natural methods of withdrawal will help bring a person through this procedure with all the care and comfort possible.
• And did we mention the food? The most satisfying and healthful meals are prepared, which, along with natural supplements and adequate hydration, help bring a person to a state of health that they may not have experienced in some time.
More words from a patient: “Thank you for giving me not only my life back, my sanity, and my strength, but my soul as well…”
Our Medical Director
Brent Agin, MD
Dr. Agin, our medical director, is board certified in Family Medicine. He attended medical school at the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine. He completed his internship and residency at the University of South Florida College of Medicine. Experienced in counseling and detoxification for both illicit drugs and prescription medications, Dr. Agin is one of a very select group of physicians certified in buprenorphine therapy for both maintenance and rapid detox. His research in nutrition and vitamin therapy supports an important component of our detox program.
Recent Blog Articles
The Failed War on Drugs?…Sunday night, April 19th, on the Prescription Addiction Radio Show, Judge Jim Gray, a Superior Court judge in Orange County, California and the… Learn more.
Benzodiazepines…Benzodiazepines (“Benzos”) are drugs that were first marketed in the 1960’s for the treatment of insomnia, anxiety, seizures,… Learn more.
Find Out If Your Insurance Will Pay
- Assessment: Do I Need Detox or Rehab?
- What is Detox?
- How Long Will It Take?
- What Will It Cost?
- Symptoms of Withdrawal
- Our Facility
- Contact Us