Using benzodiazepines to ‘bo…America has been having a “love affair” with tranquilizers for over 50 years. From barbiturates in the early 1950s, like those that killed… Learn more.
OxyContin: The Painful Truth
The Lies, and the Painful Truth, About OxyContin
Few drugs in recent history have attracted so much attention, and stirred so much controversy, as OxyContin.
OxyContin is a time-release formulation for the narcotic painkiller oxycodone. This drug, has led to countless thousands of dependencies, addictions and overdose deaths in the United States and abroad in just the last 10 years.
A recent Novus patient says: “The friendly environment made it easy for me to detox off of a deadly addiction to OxyContin.”
The OxyContin Lies
One of Mahatma Gandhi’s largest challenges in getting the British people and government to listen to his demands for the freedom of India was the repeated statements from the British that they were doing good for the Indian people and if they left, then India would be unable to function.
Of course, this was untrue and India has proven that it can not only rule itself but also prosper. However, Gandhi needed the weight of world opinion to help force Britain to cede independence to India.
An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Purdue Pharma and their public relations people from the “pain organizations” say repeatedly:
- Their drug is safer than alternatives (For this lie they paid a $680 million fine and pled guilty to a felony);
- Only addicts have problems with OxyContin;
- People who die from OxyContin overdoses did it to themselves;
- There are many people in pain who need OxyContin;
- OxyContin treats pain;
- There are no alternatives to OxyContin.
This repeated message does not make it true.
The TRUTH About OxyContin
They hope that none of us will see the truth:
- OxyContin is pharmaceutical grade heroin;
- OxyContin is just as deadly and addictive as heroin;
- OxyContin kills even when taken as prescribed;
- OxyContin makes addicts even when taken as prescribed;
- OxyContin does not treat pain but acts as an anesthesia and blocks the feelings of pain—the cause of the pain just gets worse.
- OxyContin can kill if someone not opioid tolerant, takes one pill;
- OxyContin addiction is creating many new users of heroin because heroin is cheaper;
- OxyContin competition has forced many heroin dealers to increase their purity of heroin from 20% to 80% so that users could get similar highs and driven down the price of heroin;
- OxyContin is given out like aspirin by many medical doctors;
- OxyContin has become the chosen drug for the drug-dealing doctors in “pain mills” that will give a prescription for OxyContin if you have the cash;
- OxyContin, if banned, could easily be replaced by other less or non-addictive drugs.
Because of the deaths, addictions, injuries and dependencies, breakthoughs in Oxycontin medically- managed withdrawal or detox have taken place, with Novus Detox leading the way in the safest, most effective and comfortable detox now available.
Recent Blog Articles
New Trend: Recovering Substanc…Back in 2014, a study by the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health found that public attitudes toward substance abuse are far more negative… Learn more.
In the Media: Cherokee Nation …Novus in the national news...... "The lawsuit was applauded by Bryn Wesch, the head of Novus Medical Detox Center, a national drug treatment… Learn more.
- OxyCodone Addiction Info
- Truth About OxyContin Addiction
- OxyContin and Heroin
- OxyContin and Tramadol
- OxyContin Withdrawal Symptoms
- More Information on OxyContin Find Out If Your Insurance Will Pay
- Assessment: Do I Need Detox or Rehab?
- What is Detox?
- How Long Will It Take?
- What Will It Cost?
- Symptoms of Withdrawal
- Our Facility
- Contact Us