CDC says opioid-addicted newbo…The number of opioid-addicted newborns in Florida, like heroin and hydrocodone, has increased more than 10-fold since 1995, says a new report from… Learn more.
Opiate DetoxGETTING OFF OPIATES CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE
Opiates and opioids, whether prescribed or bought illicitly, are taking lives all too often. For those that want to stop the dependence on these drugs, there is a safe, effective and comfortable way off these – under medically-managed withdrawal at Novus.
Get help for yourselfGet your life back
Opiates are today’s hidden danger, a drug that creeps up on the user and goes beyond dependency to the horrors of full-blown addiction. Derived from the opium plant, offshoots of this most dangerous drug include morphine, codeine and heroin. Opioids are the synthetic sister which forms the narcotic ingredients of drugs like OxyContin, Vicodin and Percocet.
These drugs are all a form of anesthetic — drugs that desensitize pain. Obviously there are valuable uses, especially when one is in for surgery or after a painful accident. While these should be short-term solutions, practitioners dispense them much too readily and patients can abuse them to the point of addiction.
THE MORE YOU USE IT THE WORSE IT GETS
Unfortunately, opiate/opioid users find that they continually have to increase the dosage to handle the pain and get any sort of relief. Regrettably this occurs more often than you would think.
- What happens is that the opioid receptors became less sensitive to the opioids, and larger doses are required to achieve the same stimulation of the receptors which will then produce enough endorphins to control the pain.
- This drug tolerance is a common occurrence with certain types of drugs especially opiates/opioids.
- Additionally, there is a growing consensus among medical professionals that continued use of opioids like OxyContin will actually increase the pain. Learn more.
THE NOVUS OPIATE DETOX DIFFERENCE
Fortunately, opiate abuse can be effectively treated, safely and comfortably with Novus Medical Detox® innovative and proven procedures.
- We don’t treat you like an addict
- Our innovative proprietary opiate detox protocols provide the most comfortable, safe and effective detox available
- Our state-of-the-art Medical Detox facilities and experienced medical staff have the highest success rate obtainable
Recent Blog Articles
FDA Panel Recommends Approval …Close to a dozen abuse-deterrent prescription opioid painkillers have been approved by the FDA Panel over the past few years. Already this year,… Learn more.
White House honors 10 citizens…In spite of her best efforts to help her son overcome his addiction, Justin Phillips lost 20-year-old Aaron to a heroin overdose in October,… Learn more.
- More About Opiate/Opioid Overdose
- 5 Facts About Opioid Withdrawal Treatment
- Opiate/Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Opioid Induced Pain
- Opiates and Pregnancy Find Out If Your Insurance Will Pay
- Assessment: Do I Need Detox or Rehab?
- What is Detox?
- How Long Will It Take?
- What Will It Cost?
- Symptoms of Withdrawal
- Our Facility
- Contact Us