Prescription Drug Addiction Pl…Over the past few years the dangers of prescription drugs have been widely publicized by the deaths of celebrities like Heath Ledger and Anna Nicole… Learn more.
Methadone Withdrawal Detox Timeline
Novus Medical Detox Case Study
Subject Name: M.C. (28-year-old Male)
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Profession: Business Executive
M. C. started using Methadone to end a 9-year addiction to opiates.
Drug: Methadone—100mg daily, Klonopin—1mg daily
M. C.’s Life Story (in his own words):
I hit rock bottom when I lost my job and house, all within a month. I fell into a deep depression and began looking for a way to feel better.
When I took my first opiate, I thought “wow—this is the drug that can cure my depression.” I felt on top of the world, but little did I know what the end result would be.
Before I knew it, I was a full-blown addict in every sense of the word. For nine years, opiates were my life. Then I heard about methadone. Can it really be a wonder drug, a way to get my life back? I heard methadone was helpful in withdrawing from opiates, so I decided to give it a try. It was no better than being on opiates—I had replaced one drug with another. I also began taking Klonopin from time to time.
For me, stopping was out of the question until the day my daughter confronted me. Seeing the pain in her eyes forced me to come to terms with my life and make some changes. After some research, I reached out to Novus.
- Day 1: Patient arrived at 1200. He last used 100mg of Methadone and is in minor withdrawal.
Medication and Supplements given PRN (as needed).
- Day 2: Patient has positive mental attitude. Medication and Supplements given PRN (as needed).
- Day 3: Some minor ups and downs but he is displaying a positive attitude and is very understanding of procedures. Medication and Supplements given PRN (as needed).
- Day 4: Patient suffers from some anxiety. One-on-one with patient about dealing with anxiety. Patient showed understanding. Medication and Supplements given PRN (as needed).
- Day 5: Patient started Subutex protocol today. He has been trying to get stable all day. He started showing improvement late this afternoon.
- Day 6: Patient finally stable on Subutex. He had some hip pain. Supplements given PRN (as needed).
- Day 7: Patient is doing well with the program and is improving daily. Scheduled Subutex given.
- Day 8: Patient doing well today. Some anxiety was reported. Medication and Supplements given PRN (as needed).
- Day 9: Patient was a little less social due to anxiety. Supplements given PRN with good effect.
- Day 10: Patient discharged.
M. C. was successfully detoxed in 10 days.
The Novus Medical Detox Difference
M. C. was a severe addict. He had to withdraw from two drugs—Methadone and Klonopin. M.C. wanted to get better for his daughter, and chose Novus Medical Detox because of their high success rate.
He was very nervous about trying to detox, but the Novus staff explained the program and told him they would make it as comfortable as possible for him. They explained the 24/7 personal care and monitoring so he would never be alone in his withdrawal program, and that there would always be a trained professional there for him.
The Novus protocol delivers a much more comfortable withdrawal than most other methods. M.C.’s program was individualized to his needs, his drug history and his physical condition, unlike other “one-protocol-fits-all” programs.
After detox, he was able to be with his daughter again and be the father he always wanted to be.
M. C.’s Success Can be Yours:
“All the staff is extremely caring and helpful here. The nurses genuinely care about keeping you comfortable. I liked all the natural medicines. They are great and actually effective.
“You are not treated like just an addict here, but as a person. I was terrified coming to Novus to come off a year-long Methadone addiction, but they took awesome care of me and kept me comfortable.
“After only one night, I knew I had made the right decision and now as I write this on the day of my departure, I still know I made the right decision.
“Thanks for helping me get my life back.”
Read what other patients have to say:
“Everything here was better than I ever imagined. If you want your life back, this staff will help you in any and every way possible.
“The people here showed me that there is light at the end of a dark, dark tunnel that I thought I would never make it out of. All the people—the whole staff, every single person who works here saved my life. Some people think about money and the cost to come here and decide not to. I would have paid $5000 a day to be here with people who helped get my life back. That’s how good this staff is. They really care and understand what you are going through. Thank you with all my heart.”
“I was taking 300 — 600mg of methadone daily. Up to 1200 at times along with 10 — 20 mg of Xanax when I entered Novus. All hope was gone, no detox would take me. 14 days after, I leave here drug free and miraculously, my detox was 99% pain free. I leave with hope and full support of my family. Words cannot describe the miracles that I have gone through and witnessed during my stay.”
Recent Blog Articles
Dylann Roof: Questions Remain …As a drug user, how did he buy the gun? And was he using narcotics at the time of the murders? On June 17, 2015, a 21-year-old white supremacist… Learn more.
Randy Pausch: Achieving Your C…Just weeks before Randy Pausch delivered his inspirational last lecture at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) in September 2007, he was told by his… Learn more.
- More About Methadone Recovery
- Dangers of Methadone for Pain
- Methadone Effects
- Withdrawal Symptoms
- More on Methadone Find Out If Your Insurance Will Pay
- Assessment: Do I Need Detox or Rehab?
- What is Detox?
- How Long Will It Take?
- What Will It Cost?
- Symptoms of Withdrawal
- Our Facility
- Contact Us