Risk of OxyContin Addiction Hi…Photograph: Saynine After years of reported incidents of abuse, addiction, and even deaths, OxyContin manufacturer Purdue Pharma’s executives… Learn more.
Florida High Dose Methadone Detox
400% Rise In Hospitalizations Spotlights Vital Need For Better Methadone Detox
Methadone represents the largest percentage increase among all drug-related hospitalizations from 1999 to 2006, according to a new study published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine.
The 400% increase in methadone hospital emergencies spotlights the dire need for more effective methadone detox programs in America.
And especially important are methadone detox programs which successfully address high-dose methadone dependence and addiction.
Novus Medical Detox Center of Pasco County, Florida, is one of the few facilities anywhere that accepts high-dose methadone detox patients.
The Reasons America Needs Better Methadone Detox Programs
There are a number of reasons we need expanded and improved methadone detox programs in America:
- There has been a sharp increase in the past decade of methadone prescriptions to treat chronic pain.
- Because of its highly addictive nature, thousands of Americans are now becoming dependent on methadone who were only trying to treat their pain.
- Methadone dependence frequently leads to methadone abuse and methadone addiction, which is always followed by upset or even ruined lives.
- Methadone continues to be widely used (and abused) in what are called “methadone treatment” programs for opioids such as heroin.
- “Methadone treatment” doesn’t treat anything, it is just another nail in the coffin for opioid addicts because it prolongs addiction and is even worse to get off than heroin.
- “Methadone treatment” patients develop a tolerance for methadone over time, so they must take higher and higher daily doses of methadone just to feel normal.
- The final nail in the “methadone treatment” coffin: Most detox centers in America do not accept high-dose methadone patients, so methadone addiction can continue for a lifetime.
Methadone Detox Could Prevent Unintentional Poisoning Deaths
The American Journal of Preventive Medicine study found:
- Unintentional poisoning is now the second leading cause of unintentional injury deaths in the U.S.
- Unintentional drug-poisoning deaths increased 68% between 1999 and 2004, and the majority of the increase has been attributed to deaths associated with prescription opioids such as methadone.
- In 2005, unintentional poisoning surpassed motor vehicle crashes as the leading cause of unintentional injury deaths for people 35 to 54.
- Unintentional poisoning deaths have been on the rise for more than 15 years.
Since the largest percentage increase in hospitalizations occurred among methadone users and abusers, a timely and effective Novus methadone detox program could save countless lives.
The High-Dose Florida Methadone Detox Program At Novus
The Florida high-dose methadone detox offered by Novus delivers results in as little as two weeks or less, a tremendous advantage over the usual eight to 18 months of tapering-off faced by most patients trying to recover from serious methadone dependence.
Novus’ Florida methadone detox also offers vastly reduced withdrawal symptoms when compared to most other methadone detox programs. Especially for high-dose methadone dependence, the Novus medical methadone detox protocols make the whole methadone detox experience much easier to get through than more traditional programs.
The Novus medical methadone detox protocols are based on the latest research and development in drug detoxification and treatment.
The program includes:
- A taper-off program medically designed to match your unique health needs.
- 24/7 medical supervision of all aspects of your methadone detox.
- Daily IV’s with vitamins and other health-building nutrients.
- Special dietary supplements to boost your health even more.
- Great food, no restrictive schedules and no group meetings.
- One-on-ones with staff members when you ask for them.
- Medications that help control withdrawal symptoms.
- Taper adjustments to ensure the most comfortable withdrawal.
- Completion of your detox and off all drugs in 10 to 14 days.
Even Canadians are making the trip to Novus for methadone detox in Florida, because it is superior to anything available in their country.
Clearly, Novus offers a winning combination of protocols that expands and improves the current norm for methadone detox in America. That’s why so many people choose the Florida methadone detox program provided by Novus.
The bottom line: Novus Medical Detox Center is a leader in detox programs for all substances, including prescription and street drugs, and alcohol.
NOTE: This information is provided for general educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute (i) medical advice or counseling, (ii) the practice of medicine, health care diagnosis or treatment, or (iii) the creation of a physician patient or clinical relationship. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem or that this information may be useful to you or others, please consult with your health care provider before applying any information from our articles to your personal situation or to the personal situation of others.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This may contain copyrighted © material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for educational purposes, to advance understanding of human rights, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, etc. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. This material is distributed without profit.
Recent Blog Articles
Drug Detox Q & A: If Paren…Nearly 70 teenagers with various substance abuse and addiction problems have been forced to check into alcohol and drug detox facilities in the nine… Learn more.
Is Prescription Drug Addiction…While the New York medical examiner was recently deciding to rule actor Heath Ledger’s death “an accident” – the brilliant… Learn more.
- More About Methadone Recovery
- Dangers of Methadone for Pain
- Methadone Effects
- Withdrawal Symptoms
- More on Methadone Find Out If Your Insurance Will Pay
- Assessment: Do I Need Detox or Rehab?
- What is Detox?
- How Long Will It Take?
- What Will It Cost?
- Symptoms of Withdrawal
- Our Facility
- Contact Us