Federal Grants Will Help All 5…Tom Price, M.D., the Trump administration's new Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), has announced a $485 million… Learn more.
In the Media: Why Substance Abuse Is Growing Among Medical Staff
To shed some light on this trend, Kent Runyon, the Compliance Officer and Vice President of Community Relations for Novus Medical Detox Center in Florida, shared some of his thoughts on the increasing rate of substance abuse among healthcare workers.
- Why do you think substance abuse is so prevalent among healthcare workers?
- What can a healthcare worker do if he or she suspects a coworker of substance abuse?
- What are some of the signs or potential habits a health professional may exhibit if he or she is addicted to, or is abusing drugs or alcohol?
- What can healthcare employers do to mitigate this problem in the workplace?
Recent Blog Articles
2010 Miss USA Arrested and Cha…In yet another example of celebrities gone bad, 2010 Miss USA winner Rima Fakih was arrested early on December 4th in Highland Park Michigan and… Learn more.
Wishing You Happiness of Holid…Novus Staff Decorated to Celebrate the Holidays. Best Wishes to You and… Learn more.
Find Out If Your Insurance Will Pay
- Assessment: Do I Need Detox or Rehab?
- What is Detox?
- How Long Will It Take?
- What Will It Cost?
- Symptoms of Withdrawal
- Our Facility
- Contact Us