Our Core Values
Throughout Novus you’ll find a culture of openness, dedication, and community. We believe in the value of what we do — and we know how much pride we take in our work. Novus Medical Detox combines challenging job responsibilities, professional development opportunities and support for each other as people to build our foundation. We believe in our foundation and the keys to our success lie within our staff. You are our foundation.
We are all connected
A career at Novus is as rewarding as no other. From day one, you will instantly see why our approach to patient care is different than everyone else’s and how you instantly become part of a family. Because of you, because of your hard work and dedication, patients will get the care they need to stop their addiction. Everyone deserves the opportunity to change.
Every member of our team — no matter what your role may be — works together to change the lives of our patients. As a team member of Novus, whether you serve on the front lines in our administration or in a direct patient care role, we are all part of one team. As a team, we share in our successes and collectively conquer our challenges. Everyone makes a difference.
As you embark on your journey with Novus Medical Detox you will see that you have found a home with us.
What we hold dear
We care deeply for those whom we serve, we have empathy for the pain of others, and we are honest with each other.
- We emphasize compassion and flexibility so that meeting human needs is our top priority.
- We establish a climate of openness and mutual respect.
- We value each other as individuals.
- We openly communicate to achieve full understanding of the values, direction and plans because this serves as a basis for individual commitment and action and results.
- We are here to serve, not to judge.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
Why Work For Us?
We get it, choosing a new place to work can be a daunting task. Whether you are employed looking to make a change or in-between positions at the moment, we understand the process can be stressful and the fear of the unknown presents some challenges.
We want you to know about us; what we do, why we do it, and what’s in it for you. You need to choose us as much as we need to choose you.
5 reasons to work at Novus Medical Detox Center
- We are all part of the solution- Here every role matters and everyone contributes to our organizations success. We want you to feel empowered here. Creativity and innovation comes from all parts of the organization. We welcome your ideas. Period.
- We are growing — We are a three time Inc. 5000 recipient for 2013, 2014 and 2015 as one of the fastest growing employers in the country, as well as a Florida Fast 50 recipient and we are in the process of expanding even more. Currently we have just completed structural add-ons and upgrades that will allow us to go from 12 beds to 30. Our long term plans include even more growth which means even more opportunity for you to grow in your career.
- Our Culture — Our people are our greatest asset and we value you as such. We actively engage with each employee to help develop their skills and get them to the next level.
- Meaningful work- We all want to derive meaning from our daily activities. That’s why our leaders are focused on ensuring your work is as challenging, meaningful and as engaging as it can be. When a patient gives you a hug after their stay with us, or the phone call you receive thanking you for helping change their lives; that’s why we do what we do.
- We work with the best people —We hire those who will be the best fit for the organizations vision and culture and people choose us for the same reason. That means our employees want to be here, work hard and have a great attitude.
Novus believes in taking care of its people. Our benefits program is designed to make sure our staff are in a position to take care of themselves and their loved ones. In addition to offering Medical, Dental and Vision benefits to eligible employees our benefits also have some unique perks.
Novus helps reduce out of pocket expenses with our health plan. One of our health plans offers 100% employer paid premiums for you as an individual since we understand that healthcare costs can be a burden. We also offer a $50 dollar monthly incentive towards your Healthcare Savings Account for you to use as needed.
Free Meals — For those employees who are on shift and unable to step away for lunch we offer meals prepared by our chefs. We understand you need energy to do your job.
Free Vitamin IV — We offer our proprietary blend to our staff. Enjoy the health benefit that we offer to our patients.
Paid Time Off — Starting at 10 days per year and increasing over your length of time with Novus. Take the time off you need to recharge your battery.
401K Program – Novus offers a 401K program with a company match. We want our staff to be able to invest in their futures.
Of course this is just a snapshot of what we offer; eligibility and other requirements will be discussed with you later.
Diversity and Inclusion
Here at Novus, we strive to create a culture that values and respects diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to build a diverse workforce, increase competencies, shape a culture of inclusion and develop a diverse workforce population. Our welcoming work environment encourages employees to engage with one another and make Novus a place they look forward to working each day.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A FLORIDA DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED: An applicant will not be turned down for employment solely because he/she has been convicted of a crime. The particular crime, the date of conviction, the circumstances of the crime and the relation of the nature of the crime to the position being applied for can be considered by the Company in making the decision.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: This company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and will strive to implement measures needed to reasonably accommodate qualified applicants and employees to handle essential functions of a job. Hiring may be conditioned on passing a medical examination and/or tests of skill and dexterity.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: This company is a Florida Drug Free Workplace. The Company requires all employees to complete a pre-employment 10 panel drug screen and conducts random drug screens monthly and employment status will be dependent on ability to pass theses screenings.