Prescription Drug Addiction an…TennCare, Tennessee’s equivalent of Medicare, is the first insurance provider to be backed by a law against fraudulently-obtained prescription… Learn more.
What is Medical Drug or Alcohol Detox?
Rehabilitation can only begin after this first step, but detox may be all that is needed if you are only physically dependent.
Unsupervised withdrawal is often extremely painful and therefore unsuccessful.
A Novus medically-supervised detox will allow you to safely and comfortably come off drugs or alcohol and take your next step to recovery completely drug-free.
Simply Discontinuing Alcohol or Drugs:
- Is strongly warned against on drug labels and by medical professionals
- Often creates painful withdrawal symptoms
- Normally is unsuccessful and results in the person having to resume taking the drug or drinking alcohol
- Can be dangerous and even cause a seizure or death.
You Need An Inpatient Medical Drug Detox or Alcohol Detox If:
- You have become dependent on a drug (have withdrawal symptoms if you try to stop taking the drug)
- You have become addicted to a drug or to alcohol (must have the drug or drink alcohol because of the way the drug or alcohol makes you feel)
- A drug is not handling the problem for which it was originally prescribed but you have painful withdrawal symptoms if you try to stop taking the drug
- A unneeded drug is causing unwanted and unsafe side effects.
THE NOVUS MEDICAL DETOX CENTER SOLUTION:
- An individual medical detox program designed specifically for you, your metabolism and your history, that will enable your drug detox and/or alcohol detox to be more comfortable and safe
- Specially formulated IV’s to ensure you are hydrated and that replenish the nutrients, vitamins and amino acids that were depleted by the drug or alcohol
- Medical supervision 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Medications adjusted as needed to handle drug or alcohol withdrawal symptoms
- Natural supplements and holistic remedies to handle drug or alcohol withdrawal symptoms
- Home-like setting on 3.25 treed acres to make your drug detox or alcohol detox more relaxed and comfortable
- Delicious food
- A private or comfortable shared room with a television, telephone and internet access
- Education on how the drug or alcohol was affecting your body and how the drug detox or alcohol detox is going to allow you to more comfortably and safely complete your withdrawal.
Recent Blog Articles
FDA approves Purdue’s new an…The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a new anti-abuse hydrocodone extended-release painkiller from Purdue Pharma called Hysingla ER… Learn more.
Is Drug Detox My Only Safety N…There are so many articles in the news lately about the dangers of prescription drugs, I’m sure there are people who want to just throw away… Learn more.
- What is Medical Detox?
- Why is Novus Best?
- Do I Need Detox?
- A Safer Option to Rapid Detox
- Understanding Protocols
- Addiction Myths
- Our Staff
- The Novus Difference
- See Our Facility Find Out If Your Insurance Will Pay
- Assessment: Do I Need Detox or Rehab?
- What is Detox?
- How Long Will It Take?
- What Will It Cost?
- Symptoms of Withdrawal
- Our Facility
- Contact Us